The settlement of 1136 inhabitants is 4 km from Zalakaros by road 7. It was already inhabited in the Bronze Age, even the Avars stopped here. It was first mentioned in Hungarian sources in 1231 with the name of Golombuk. Its Roman Catholic church was built in Classical style and was consecrated in 1802.The parsonage beside it is from the same time, too. Its original style was Baroque, but due to the reconstruction its facade shows the signs of Eclectica. The stone cross in front of it is from the time of the 1948-49 war of independence, and it is a monument of the war dead of the village. The Protestant church from the middle of the 19th c. is also Baroque-like. In the centre of the village there is the village museum, in a nicely renewed peasant house from the 19th c. Next to the village there is a fishing pond surrounded by hilly forests: a perfect place for excursions. The vintage procession is held on the last Saturday of September. The Village Day was first organized in 2003. Camp site with thermal bath awaits visitors in the Banya ('Hag') valley on the confines of Galambok.

Pictures of Galambok
Galambok map nagyítása >>


Hungary - Galambok

Ungarn - Galambok

Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2024

Sunday, 19. May 2024. - 08:06:06