in Lucfalva:   Sight

The village of 630 inhabitants is situated in the beautiful small valley of the foothills of the Mátra and the Cserhát hills. According to a legend, it was named after the daughter of the owner of the former Sámson robber knight's castle. The Slavic name Lucin comes from the girl's name, Lucia. The village was mentioned under this name at the end of the 1800s. At its border there used to be a watchpost.
It used to have a wooden church on the hill called Kosztolik, but it was destroyed by the Mongols in 1241. After this the village and the church were built in its present site. The present name was given to the village in 1910. The church was built in late Baroque style with a separate belfry. Its external and internal features are simple. It is located on a small terrace towards the edge of the hillside of the village, its altar faces south. Formerly it had only Lutheran inhabitants, but today Baptist and Catholic families also live here. Its school was opened in 1786. The educational programme of the nursery school aims to preserve traditions, cooperate with families and develop children harmoniously by preserving folk traditions, practising handcraft activities and living in harmony with nature. The population of Slovakian origin is first of all related to the Palots people. The inhabitants look after their traditions, old customs, songs and sayings. A lot of personal belongings and relics were hidden on the attics and in the old houses, which needed preserving, maintaining and restoring. It was the Village House in the village centre where they were finally placed deservedly. These personal articles, pieces of furniture and tools were donated to the village by the inhabitants. The names of these exhibits are given in two languages, Hungarian and Slovakian to inform the visitors. The building is open to the public at weekends, while on weekdays schoolchildren can take part in handcraft workshops with the help of their teachers. In these workshops cornhusk dolls, statuettes from salt-flour dough, clay objects and woven textiles are made. If you feel like trying these activities, as well as basketwork and wickerwork, you can practise them with the help of professional crafts people. It is worth visiting this small village for those who prefer quiet evenings with bright stars early spring to busy tourist attractions and who enjoy the peace of the village interrupted only by far-away dog barking at times, or for those who appreciate the carved altars and paintings hidden in the churches, or the old architectural elements, or who would like to meet the kind-hearted, friendly people of the village.

Lucfalva Község Önkormányzata
Lucfalva map nagyítása >>


Hungary - Lucfalva

Ungarn - Lucfalva

Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2018

Tuesday, 20. March 2018. - 20:46:24