in Nyékládháza:   Travel Service

The youngest, twenty-first town of Borsod county. It was formed in 1932 when two villages, Mezőnyék and Ládháza were united. It was an important settlement in the prehistoric times. The remains of the Bronze and the Iron ages can be found here as well as Sarmatian earthenware and an Avar cemetery. Mezőnyék got its name from the conquering tribe called Nyék. Since the 14th century it has been mentioned under the name of Mezőnyék. Both villages suffered a lot during their history - it was burnt down several times in the Mongol and Turkish invasions - so until 1852 it had been called 'the waste land of Nyék'. The name of Ládháza may refer to a proper name, Lád or to the name of a clan. In around 1741 the town of Miskolc settled Calvinist families here. After this the village started to develop quickly. Agriculture is important in both villages. The Lenz family had grown apricots, apples and grapes in their estates before World War II. They also exported the fruit. The largest gravel pit of Central Europe was opened in Mezőnyék in 1917. As a result of gravel digging a 750 ha water surface was formed. The lake is ideal for water sports and fishing.

Polgármesteri Hivatal, Nyékládháza
Nyékládháza map nagyítása >>


Hungary - Nyékládháza

Ungarn - Nyékládháza

Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2020

Saturday, 19. September 2020. - 06:55:19