in Romhány:   Hotel - Wellness, Spa

It is accessible from Budapest on road No. 2, after the fork towards Rétság. It was mentioned in records under the name Rohman, which probably comes from a Slav word. One of the last battles of the war of independence led by Prince Rákóczi, the battle of Romhány was fought here on 22 January 1710, in the territory between the hill 'Vérhegy' and the brook Lókos. In memory of the battle a stone cross was erected by scouts on Vérhegy, while at 147 Kossuth street (towards the village of Szátok) a Turul monument by local stone masons was erected. The latter was unveiled on 9 October 1932 by Prime Minister Gyula Gömbös. You can see Hungarian, Polish and Swedish inscriptions on the monument. The nearly 300-year-old hazelnut tree known as Prince Rákóczi's tree stands on Kastélyka hill. According to a legend the tree grew out of the Prince's stick. The statue of Saint John of Nepomuk can be seen on the monument stone bridge spanning over the old bed of the brook Lókos. In the park in front of the Village Hall you can see a millenium monument, the only one in county Nógrád. The neo-Classical Roman Catholic church built in 1836 can be seen on the hill in Köztársaság square. Our great pomologist, a patriot, Máté Bereczki was born in Romhány. He was a home guardsman in the war of independence of 1848-49. After the defeat he had to hide for a long time. Later he dedicated his life to fruit growing. A memorial stone can be seen in the place where his house of birth stood, at 45 Batthiány street. An interesting sight is the old lime tree in the park between Laszkáry mansion and the sports hall. Several factories are based in the village: two limited companies and the Zalakerámia ZRt. produce tiles, and there is also a bakery and a pasta factory in Romhány.

Polgármesteri Hivatal, Romhány
Romhány map nagyítása >>


Romhány


Hungary - Romhány


Ungarn - Romhány


Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2018 IranyMagyarorszag.hu

Wednesday, 20. June 2018. - 07:59:42