in Zalaapáti:   Hotel - Sight - Wellness, Spa - Business Travel

Large village with 1,700 inhabitants in the valley of the river Zala, rich in historical monuments. It was first mentioned in records in 1335 under the name Apathy, owned by the Benedictine Abbey of Zalavár. In 1715 it became the property of Göttweig, and the abbey was rebuilt in Zalaapáti. The church was dedicated to St. Adorjan and was built together with the Benedictine monastery. The Home for Psychiatric Patients can be found in its monument building. Near the village you can find well-known medicinal baths, such as Hévíz, Zalakaros, Kehidakustány, so many tourists choose this place for recreation. A lot of visitors are attracted by the natural values of Little Balaton nearby. The village is proud of its late Baroque Szentkirályi mansion, which is open all year round with collections of antique tile stoves and fire-places. The 5 ha park of the mansion is a nature reserve with rare species of trees. The village has become rich in monuments in the past few years, with the statue of abbot Gergely Modrovich, who played an important role in the life of the village, a bust of St. Stephen was unveiled opposite the new, modern council hall, two war memorials were made, and a local history collection and a new playground were opened. Comfortable pensions, private accommodation and restaurants await visitors.


Pictures of Zalaapáti
Zalaapáti map nagyítása >>


Zalaapáti


Hungary - Zalaapáti


Ungarn - Zalaapáti


Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2018 IranyMagyarorszag.hu

Wednesday, 19. December 2018. - 17:53:05