in Hódmezővásárhely:   Hotel - Sight - Wellness, Spa - Travel Service - Business Travel

Town with nearly 50,000 inhabitants 25 km northeast of Szeged.

Calvinist old church built in Baroque style from 1713 to 1722. Next to it Baroque granary (1721). Trinity church in Baroque style (1759), extended with two naves in 1860 according to plans by Miklós Ybl.
Calvinist new church in neo-Classical-late Baroque style erected in 1799.
Greek Orthodox church built in late Baroque style by Serbian, Romanian and Greek merchants from 1783 to 1806. Iconostasion of 1786. Town Hall, built in Eclectic style according to plans by Ybl and inaugurated on 18th January 1894.

Exhibitions: Tornyai János Museum: archeology, local history. Gallery of the Plain (Alföldi): arts. László Németh Memorial Museum: documents and relics of the pedagogical activity of the writer at Vásárhely. Potter house at Csúcs: products of local folk pottery. Farm (Tanya) Museum of Gorzsa: rural life.

The open-air bath of the town is supplied with 42 °C thermal water.

Other sights include the wall of Flood prevention built in 1879; Gábor Bethlen Calvinist Grammar School, Fekete Sas (Black Eagle) Hotel (1905), the Hungarian Credit Bank, the well of András János Nagy, the Calvinist new church, the Synagogue, a permanent exhibition of the Holocaust, the St. Stephen parish church and the church ruins of Csomorkány.
We await our visitiors with traditional Hungarian hospitality as well as with our famous annual cultural and arts programmes.

Lodgings in Hódmezővásárhely:

Polgármesteri Hivatal, Hódmezővásárhely


Hungary - Hódmezővásárhely

Ungarn - Hódmezővásárhely

Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2015

Monday, 5. October 2015. - 17:02:04