in Nagytálya:  

The village is situated at the meeting of the Mátra and the Bükk hills and the Great Plain, 8 km from the junction of M3 highway at Füzesabony and 13 km from Eger. The village with 860 inhabitants belongs to the district of Eger. The past and the present are perfectly combined in the village with a settlement character meeting the demands of the modern times. The wine growing territory of the village is part of the Wine Region of Eger. It was first mentioned in records in 1261 under the name Thala nogh as one of the properties of the bishopric of Eger. It was called a market town, oppidum in the talliage-lists in the 16th century. It was demolished completely by the Turks in 1596 and it was uninhabited for almost 180 years. In 1771-1772 German settlers moved here. Most of the inhabitanst are Roman Catholic, but there is a Calvinist and a Greek-Catholic congregation, as well. At the junction of the brook Eger and the road running into the village from the railway station you can find Szentkereszti mill, which is a monument from the 18th century. At present it is privately owned and it can be found at 22 Petőfi road. The former archiepiscopal steward’s house was built by archbishop Pyrker between 1827 and 1847. It is a one-storey late baroque dwelling house. The church of the village and its priest called John was first mentioned in a record of papal tithes in 1332-1337. The congregation of Nagytálya is proud of its church, which was rebuilt several times in the course of centuries. The church destroyed in 1596 was first rebuilt in 1902-1903. After World War II it was rebuilt in 1947-1949 by the donations of the congregation.

Polgármesteri Hivatal, Nagytálya
Nagytálya map nagyítása >>


Nagytálya


Hungary - Nagytálya


Ungarn - Nagytálya


Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2018 IranyMagyarorszag.hu

Tuesday, 19. June 2018. - 00:55:40