in Öcs:   Sight

Getting out of the Kun László ditch arriving from Nagyvázsony-Pula and leaving the winding road of Halál-völgy (Death valley) from the direction of Padrag the visitor arrives at a small village with 250 inhabitants with little crooked streets. The three towers of the three churches of three denominations on three high points of the village guard the scattered houses. Besides the Catholic and Calvinist churches, which are listed monuments there is a house of Lutherans. The village was first mentioned in documents in 1278 by the name of Ech, the present name (Öcs) was formed in the middle of the 19th century. At that time it was a village of noblemen of one hide of land, then unmarried and married cottars dealt with agriculture here. Although the village became very small it is still developing. 50% of wage-earners make their living by industry, mining and trade. It takes part in the yearly series of the 'Valley of Arts'.

Polgármesteri Hivatal, Öcs
Öcs map nagyítása >>


Hungary - Öcs

Ungarn - Öcs

Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2020

Sunday, 19. January 2020. - 12:55:51