in Szentlőrinc:   Hotel - Sight - Travel Service

The town with over 7,000 inhabitants is situated between Pécs and Szigetvár on national highway No. 6. One of the centres of the estates of Prince Miklós Esterházy from the middle of the 18th century. The Esterházy mansion standing in Church square was built between 1696 and 1717 in baroque style, since then it has been enlarged several times. The Catholic church of monument character is built in the vicinity of the mansion, its furniture was made in the second half of the 19th century. Parsonage of the village was built by the Esterházys in 1817. Koncz-Brantner house (18th century) built in Mihály Munkácsy Street had been the apartment of the bailiff of the estate. Significant private collection is housed in the building that is open to the public. Exhibition of local history of the young town was opened in Museum Street, introducing the architectural and folklore remains collected in the vicinity. St. Lawrence’s Day Programme starts on August 10th each year, consisting of the St. Lawrence’s day church-ale with cultural programmes and street-ball, and Farmers´ Days, which is the most significant agricultural expo and fair of Baranya county. An event called the ”Night of the Friends of Wine” is held on the Saturday before the last in September every year on Vásártér (Market place).


Pictures of Szentlőrinc
Szentlőrinc map nagyítása >>


Szentlőrinc


Hungary - Szentlőrinc


Ungarn - Szentlőrinc


Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2017 IranyMagyarorszag.hu

Wednesday, 28. June 2017. - 19:36:01