in Vasegerszeg:   Sight

Kiss-Markusovszky-kastély
309956i0.jpg

Address: 9661 Vasegerszeg, Rákóczi F. u. 1.


 

Other information:

It was built in the 18th century in the style of historicism. It was rebuilt in 1830 and at the end of the 19th century. It houses a pension today.
The owner of the mansion was Lajos Kiss, whose daughter, Zsófia was married to a doctor, Dr. Lajos Markusovszky, an outstanding figure of Hungarian public health in the 19th century. Markusovszky joined the Hungarian army in the spring of 1848, where he became the chief surgeon and hospital physician of the army of county Vas as a major. After the compromise of 1867 he organized a new system of medical education as he was in charge of these affairs in the ministry for religion and public education. In 1890 he became the member of the Hungarian Academy of Science, in 1893 he was appointed to an honorary professorship. The doctor died in 1893 and - according to his will - he was buried in Vasegerszeg.


Kiss-Markusovszky-kastély - Vasegerszeg (Látnivaló: Látnivaló)


Kiss-Markusovszky-kastély - Hungary - Vasegerszeg (Sight: Sight)


Kiss-Markusovszky-kastély - Ungarn - Vasegerszeg (Sehenswürdigkeit: Sehenswürdigkeit)


Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2019 IranyMagyarorszag.hu

Saturday, 23. November 2019. - 03:55:01