in Bicske:   Hotel - Sight - Travel Service

A small Transdanubian town with 11,540 inhabitants on the northern part of Fejér county, 47 kms from the county seat, Székesfehérvár and 36 kms west of Budapest. According to the research of King Stephen Museum in Székesfehérvár there used to be settlements in the Bicske basin along the Saint László brook before Árpád's conquest of Hungary. In 1306 it was given the right to collect taxes and duties. In 1611 the town with jus gladii became the property of the Batthyány family. It was a village until 1773 and a market town until 1871, from 1896 it was a town and it was a chief town of the district until the end of the district system. At present it is the centre of the Multi-purpose Local Council Association of Vértes Small Region.
Prominent personalities of the cultural history of the town: besides the members of the Batthyány family, Károly Nagy (mathematician, astronomer), József Barsi (parson, revolutionist), poet Mihály Csokonai Vitéz (who started collecting folk songs here 200 years ago), Antal Forgách (poet, journalist), Márton Kerecsendi Kis (the headmaster of the first gipsy school, poet), István Lakatos (poet, translator of literary works), István László Jakab (painter), Zoltán Móser (photographer, teacher).
Sights: the baroque Roman Catholic church from the 18th century, the Calvinist parsonage built around 1830 (neoClassical), the baroque Batthyány mansion, the statue of Saint Florian from the 18th century, the neoClassical Nagy Károly mausoleum and the ruins of the castle and observatory on the hill and the statue of Saint John of Nepomuk.

Polgármesteri Hivatal, Bicske
Bicske map nagyítása >>


Bicske


Hungary - Bicske


Ungarn - Bicske


Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2018 IranyMagyarorszag.hu

Tuesday, 11. December 2018. - 20:17:06