in Pilisvörösvár:   Hotel - Travel Service

Town between Budapest and Dorog on road No. 10. Its first remains are from the Roman times. It was destroyed in the 16th century, it was repopulated in the 1700s by German settlers. Today it is a significant national centre, traditional events are the ethnic German ball and the vintage procession. The Roman Catholic church got its present form in 1932. The largest dolomite mine of the country can be found here. The miners erected two small chapels in honour of Virgin Mary. There are possibilities of horse-riding and angling. Tickets for angling are sold at 31 Piliscsabai Street. The battle scenes of the successful film Egri csillagok (The stars of Eger) was shot near the town, for this purpose they built the copy of the Eger castle. This building can be seen even today.

Polgármesteri Hivatal, Pilisvörösvár
Pilisvörösvár map nagyítása >>


Hungary - Pilisvörösvár

Ungarn - Pilisvörösvár

Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2024

Sunday, 16. June 2024. - 21:39:49