Town with 16,600 inhabitants at the southern fields of Szentendre. In the ruin-field at Klissza-dűlő the remains of a church from the Árpádian age, later rebuilt by King Lajos the Great were identified. The former Wattay, later Teleki mansion, the Greek Orthodox Serbian church and the Roman Catholic church were all built in Baroque style in the 18th century. The neo-Classical Calvinist church was built in the 19th century. Other sights include: Roman sarcophagus (3rd century) in the park of the parish hall, Renaissance pastophorium (1519) in the Saint Urban chapel, memorial cross in the style of Louis XVI. in the market place. The Luppa Mausoleum and the Monument of the Foundation of Hungary by Magyars are erected on hill Klissza-domb. Exhibitions include: Ethnographic Collection of Magyars (costumes in the Carpathian basin), Collection of local history. Beauty spots: hills Kis- and Nagy-Kevély, Oszoly, Kő-hegy (Petőfi memorial column), Csikóvár, Holdvilág-árok ("Moonlight-dike").

Polgármesteri Hivatal, Pomáz
Pomáz map nagyítása >>


Pomáz


Hungary - Pomáz


Ungarn - Pomáz


Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2018 IranyMagyarorszag.hu

Saturday, 22. September 2018. - 21:50:39