Village with 1,456 inhabitants at the foothills of the Cserhát Mountains. The Podmaniczky mansion built in the first half of the 19th century with a 13 ha primeval park is worth visiting. Roman Catholic church (13th century) consecrated for the veneration of Saint Nicholas was enlarged by bishop Károly Alham in 1741, its bell is from 1674. Roman and Gothic details as well as the coat-of-arms of the Báthory family can be studied in the single-aisled Baroque church with arched ceiling. The ornamental baroque pulpit is from 1742. Village Museum opened in 1974 can be visited every day from 1st April to 31st October. It was established from a one-time living-house, founded by folk writer Erzsébet Homok. The Podmaniczky mansion of Fenyőharaszti was built in 1868, currently used as a hotel. Civil wedding ceremonies may be held in the Mansion Hotel upon request.


Pictures of Verseg
Verseg map nagyítása >>


Verseg


Hungary - Verseg


Ungarn - Verseg


Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2018 IranyMagyarorszag.hu

Sunday, 18. February 2018. - 21:26:07