in Jánd:   Hotel - Sight

A village in Bereg-Tiszahát, 5 km east of Vásárosnamény. It was first mentioned in 1217, the name refers to the proper name, John. The population became Reformed in the 16th century. Its name became well-known in the 1950s, when big mammoth bones were found in the bed of the river Tisza. The village is proud of the sands of the river Tisza attracting many visitors every summer. Jánd adjoins the Szatmár-Bereg Nature Reserve. The two most valuable monuments of the region can be found a few kilometres from the village: the so called 'peasant cathedral' with wattle-and-daub walls and painted ceiling in Tákos and the Gothic church from the 13th century in Csaroda.

Pictures of Jánd
Jánd map nagyítása >>


Hungary - Jánd

Ungarn - Jánd

Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2018

Sunday, 25. March 2018. - 07:20:42