in Kunszentmárton:   Hotel - Sight

A town with 10,488 inhabitants on the banks of the River Körös in the Tiszazug region. The late baroque Roman Catholic church was built between 1781 and 1784 and it was extended with two aisles in 1909-10. Its episcopal consecration took place on 25 September 1910. The synagogue was built in 1911 in Seccessionist style. The building is decorated with Hungarian flower and creeper motifs as well as with the colourful ceramic applications by Kálmán Bozsik. The wind mill erected in the middle of the 19th century is a relic of folk mill building. The chapel of the cemetery in Felsőváros was built in 1874 in romantic style. To commemorate Lajos Kossuth’s staying here, a plaque was placed on the wall of the school in 1902. In the old prison building a local history collection can be studied today.

Pictures of Kunszentmárton
Kunszentmárton map nagyítása >>


Hungary - Kunszentmárton

Ungarn - Kunszentmárton

Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2022

Sunday, 14. August 2022. - 20:50:20