in Paszab:   Sight

A village of 1,300 inhabitants north of Nyíregyháza, on the banks of the river Tisza. It is along the narrow-gauge railway line connecting Nyíregyháza and Balsa, it is virtually built together with Tiszabercel. The name was first mentioned in the period of the Mongol invasion. According to some documents the Reformed congregation had already lived here since 1597. The Reformed church is in the centre of the village. The settlement is famous for its folk art. The hand-woven mats of Paszab preserve the local traditions as well as the patterns of other regions. The Weaving House is now a museum. The monument pumping station is open to the public. It is accessible from the direction of the ferry of Tiszabercel.

Pictures of Paszab
Paszab map nagyítása >>


Hungary - Paszab

Ungarn - Paszab

Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2018

Sunday, 25. March 2018. - 00:18:38