in Tiszaszentmárton:  

Village with 1,240 inhabitants 6 km southeast of Záhony. The name of the village is originated from the chapel of Saint Martin, it is mentioned in a document (1332) as Santus Martinus. Later on Anna Losonczy, the daughter of captain István Losonczy of Temesvár who had been the muse of the great poet Bálint Balassi (under the name ŚJulietŚ), became the owner of the estate. The Calvinist church is a listed monument, originally with lancet windows and a Gothic tabernacle; the tower of the church was built in the 12th century.


Hungary - Tiszaszentmárton

Ungarn - Tiszaszentmárton

Releases | Impressum
Aerial photos by Civertan Studio
© 1989 - 2018

Sunday, 25. March 2018. - 00:29:47